Small children have a talent for finding trouble within seconds. This fact was once again verified by an 18-month-old toddler named Maisie Saward after she and her twin sister Eva decided to have a little adventure; little did anyone realize just how much trouble they would find one day.
For their parents, the incident was a funny but scary reminder of how you must always keep a close eye on young children.
The twins live in New Hampshire with their folks, Luke and Kristy. The toddlers began their adventure when their older brother, Ollie, accidentally left the baby gate open. Of course, this was an invitation to mischief two rambunctious toddlers just couldn’t resist! The curious girls made their way upstairs.
A Hairy Situation Indeed!
Once they reached the family bathroom, things got pretty hairy as little Maisie picked up her dad’s hair gel and began putting it on her hair! She just wanted to look like her dad. Unfortunately, she’d picked up the wrong tube and had accidentally applied Superdrug Hair Removal Cream to her hair instead!
Dad Was a Bit Late to the Party
While the cream was listed as relatively safe on the Superdrug Website, there are a few dangers associated with this type of hair cream, especially should someone accidentally get some in their eyes. Thankfully, dad was able to get to Maisie before anything bad could happen, although he didn’t arrive in time to save his daughter’s lovely 3-inch bangs!
According to the toddler’s mom, Kristy, her husband’s actions after the incident did not help the situation. Kristy remembered the scene as she spoke to Metro News.
“Rather than just shove her under the shower, Luke ran her a bath, got her changed and it took about 10 minutes before he even thought about taking it off.”
Mom Sees the Hairless Aftermath
After talking to her husband over the phone, Kristy still had no idea just how bad the situation was until she arrived home.
“I’d called Luke and he said ‘Maisie’s got no fringe [bangs] left,’ but the phone broke up, so I just thought she’d got hold of some scissors.”
Maisie’s dad, meanwhile, tried to wash the cream out of her hair, but as he shampooed, his daughter’s hair began coming out in large clumps! To say Kristy was surprised when she got home is the understatement of the century.
“When I got home, I was just in pure shock. She came and gave me a cuddle and I just cried for an hour because I absolutely loved her fringe [bangs].”
A Valuable Lesson Learned
Understandably, mom was angry with her hubby and gave him the silent treatment for the rest of the day. Thankfully, she was able to see the humor in the situation the next day. Fortunately, except for many missing hair, Maisie was unharmed. However, she now shared the appearance of Stephen King’s nightmarish clown “Pennywise” from “IT.
Thankfully, Kristy was able to manage a comb-over, but because of Maisie’s curiosity, it didn’t last very long. The incident also drove home a powerful lesson for the parents.
“Me and Luke felt a bit of a failure for not keeping these things out of her way, but once I’d realized these things happen when you’ve got kids, we felt a bit better about it. Parenting, especially with twins, isn’t easy, and if this makes even one other mum feel better then that’s great.”
Thanks for reading. Please be so kind as to pass this story along to your friends and family?
- “After putting hair removal cream on her head, toddler looks like Pennywise from It” Ron Project.